The VX-Pi1000SP is a Gigabit PoE splitter that splits a PoE signal into separate data and power sources. The following tutorial will help you setup your gigabit PoE splitter between a POE capable device such as a gigabit PoE injector and a non-POE device such as an IP phone.
- First connect an Ethernet cable to the power and data interface of your VX-PI1000GB Gigabit Poe injector or PoE-ready device.
- Ensure to select the appropriate voltage on the VX-PI1000SP that fulfills the power requirements of your specific power device.
- Connect the adjacent side of the Ethernet cable to the PoE splitter power and data in port.
- Plug a separate Ethernet cable into the Data Out Port located on the flip side of the unit.
- Connect the adjacent side of your Ethernet cable to your IP Phone, or any non-PoE power device.
- Plug in the DC Cable to the DC power output of the unit. Connect the DC Jack of the PoE splitter to your IP Phone.
- Your powered device will light up to show connectivity.
- Refer to the following application diagram to overview the connection.
To learn more about the VX-Pi1000SP click here.