In this video, you will learn how to update the firmware for Versa Technology’s VX-M2024S.
1. First, connect your computer to the console port of the DSLAM.
2. Then, Start TeraTerm and change the BAUD rate to 115200, Data: 8-bit , Parity: none, Stop: 1 Flow control: none. (A video link to the console setup can be found at this link *here*)
3. Power on the M2024S
4. Hit the spacebar when prompted to interrupt the boot process. (pause at 00:10 mark and zoom in).
5. Type “kermit” at the “Loader” prompt and hit enter.
6. When the system is ready for the binary download, click File and navigate to Transfer, Kermit and click Send.
7. Locate the firmware image file on your computer and click Open.
8. A progress window will pop up and display the status of the file transfer to the M2024S. The transfer can take up to 15 minutes depending on your system’s hardware. Please be patient. (Speed up the process from end of speech to 07:47 and resume normal playback.)
9. After the file has been successfully transferred, the system will update the internal flash memory with the new firmware image. (Speed up from 08:05 to 12:26.)
10. The system will restart once the flash memory has been updated.
11. The firmware version can be confirmed at the login prompt
To learn more about the VX-M2024S click here.