The following steps will show you how to change your roaming aggressiveness on Windows PC:
Access your properties under wireless network adapter.
- Navigate to the start menu to access your control panel. Click on “network and internet”.
- Click on network and sharing center.
- Under Connections, select “Wi-Fi”.
- Click properties.
- Select “Client for Microsoft Networks”
- Click “configure”
- Click the Advanced Tab. Select Roaming Aggressiveness.
- Select your preferred value from the drop down menu.
Setting your roaming aggressiveness to a higher value will trigger your client device to look for APs more frequently. Your client device will not roam when set to the lowest setting unless it experiences severe link quality degradation.