In this video you will learn how to setup the IP address of the VX-1000HDx & VX-1000MDx.
1. First, Configure your computer with a static IP address of 192.168.1.2.
2. Then Connect the MGMT interface of the DSLAM to your network switch.
3. Open your web browser and enter the default IP address of the management interface in the address bar (192.168.1.253).
In the Web interface login, enter Admin for username and Admin for the password and click sign in. Here you will see the home page of the DSLAM for the first time. On the left-hand side expand the system menu and click Board IP Setup.
5. The DSLAM features 2 management interfaces that allows operators to administer the system.
a) The GBE In Band IP address allows management through the GBE interfaces. The interface is part of the subscriber Uplink interface.
b) The MGMT Out Band IP address provides local administration of the system and does not provide traffic to the subscriber interfaces.
6. Click Modify once you have configured the IP addresses for each interface.
7. To configure a default gateway for the system, click IP Routes under system on the left-hand menu.
8. Enter the default gateway for the network and click Set.
9. To save the running configuration, expand the maintenance tab and click on Maintenance.
10. From the drop down menu, select D Save Running Config to Flash.
11. Verify Partition 1 is selected and click Write Running.
**Note: It is important to save any configurations made to the system. Failure to do so will result in the system booting from the last saved configuration in the event of a power outage or scheduled system reboot.**
To learn more about the VX-1000HDx click here.
To learn more about the VX-1000MDx click here.